Chief Architect of Mobile OS
Huawei Technologies Canada
December 4th, 2017 | 2:33 AM EST
Huawei Technologies Vision is to ‘enrich life through communication’. This is achieved with keen focus on our customers' market challenges and needs, providing excellent communications network solutions and services in order to consistently create maximum value for customers.
Huawei Canada’s rapid growth has created an excellent opportunity to build and grow your career and make a big impact to everyone’s life. This position embodies the core customer-centric culture of the Huawei Company, and takes the vision and responsibility to “Make IT Simple, Make Business Agile”. Huawei Canada is currently looking to hire a Chief Architect of Mobile OS. Location can be either Markham or Waterloo, Ontario.
- • Define Huawei Mobile OS architecture and manage system design phase. As the goal of “leading the Huawei smart phone user experience (basic experience / differentiated experience) to be the world's No. 1”. Giving priority to five basic experience problems (calls, text messages, contacts, Internet, camera), and think about the future Mobile OS evolution and ecological construction, and gradually build a differentiated experience and competitiveness based on the evolution of rhythm.
- • Be responsible for twice-annual internal Strategic and Technology Planning for Mobile OS
- • Be responsible for Technical Co-operation in Canada/USA/Europe
- • A Master’s degree majoring in Computer Science or other related fields
- • Expert level experience in System and Software Arhitecure in Mobile OS area.
- • Embedded software development and requirement definition competence.
- • Software development, requirement definition and agile methods expertise.
- • Competence in making system solutions and software arhitecure wireless and mobile industry.
- • Broad understanding of HTML5 standards of today and for the future.
- • Deep down technical understanding on Android and iOS platforms.
- • Understanding on Android/iOS/Tizen/MeeGo/Mbed/Thread, B2G and other Linux based solution or Middleware
- • Mobile browsing engine like WebKit/V8
- • GPU technologies such as OpenGL/DirectX
- • User Interface and User Experience
- • Application Programming Interfaces & Software Development Kits
- • Linux kernel, device drivers and hardware adaptation techniques
- • Virtualization techniques for terminal devices
- • Tools and methodology on debugging, profiling and performance tuning.
- • Good communications and presentation skills.
- • Leadership skills to build coherence in software development teams.
- • Leadership skills to create and communicate architecture vision and targets.
Why work for us?
Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the 5 most innovative technology companies in the world, Huawei Technologies provides working climate that promotes high-performance through:
- clarity of organizational and individual goals, and commitment to achieve the goals
- setting high performance standards and empowering employees to take responsibility for their work
- recognizing successful achievement of individual and team goals
- encouraging teamwork at every level, to ensure we accelerate productivity