September 19th, 2017 | 6:26 PM EST
The Concept Artist will develop the 2D elements that will constitute the graphic representations of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the graphic design production team.
The main and routine tasks of the Concept Artist are to:
- Sketch, draw and design art concepts for game design documents to make the vision of the graphic design AD more tangible;
- Create environments, characters, objects, atmospheres and the general style to provide practical content that direct and indirect groups can capitalize on;
- Produce sketches to help the AD show the preliminary project intentions;
- State ideas based on direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and retakes of existing illustrations;
- Effectively communicate visual intentions with wider team ;
- Make any necessary changes to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision;
- Convey the colour pallets sought by AD by using it in concepts;
- Iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail;
- Account for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in fine arts or equivalent training or work experience.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in concept art, in the games industry – preferably with experience in working on highly realistic console game titles.
- Knowledge of 3D software;
- Architectural knowledge;
- Anatomical knowledge;
- Mechanical design/industrial design skills;
- Knowledge of image composition.
- Observation skills;
- Research skills;
- Written and oral Communication skills;
- Comfortable with iterative approach;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change.
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Bonus (If Applicable)
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
Established in 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a growing and diverse team on a collective mission to create what’s next in AAA open world games. The studio announced its first new IP at E3 2017, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, an all-new, action-adventure game where players assemble customizable controller-mounted starships and launch into epic, interplanetary adventures. The Toronto team is also hard at work on Far Cry 5 in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal. The studio shipped its first lead production, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Blacklist™, to critical acclaim in 2013. Since then, the Toronto team has contributed to multiple award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, Watch Dogs®, and For HonorTM.
Ubisoft Toronto was honoured in 2017 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the second consecutive year.