December 30th, 2017 | 1:19 PM EST
What is the opportunity?
As the Director/Development Manager, You will implement the long term Capital Markets strategy by developing a new technical platform and driving adoption of new services. You will help establish and manage a new team of developers based in Toronto, and collaborate with RBC’s global technology teams in NY and London, UK.
What will you do?
- Day to day "hands-on" development in addition to management (70% development, 30% management); must have active & recent coding experience.
- Engage and manage a team of software engineers, including overseeing project planning, code reviews, goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring, development plans.
- Design and develop key microservices and dataservices to use across RBC Capital Markets
- Develop deployment strategies and transition to production operations
- Conduct lunch and learn sessions and technical meetups with internal and external user/interest groups
- Provide solutions to migrate existing data to the new services
- 5+ years hands on experience as a senior technology leader - leading software development, application & product development using the latest technologies
- Proven ability to drive and influence change through innovation & process improvement
- Experience building microservices and dataservices platforms (REST API, BigData, DaaS, DBaaS)
- Experience developing fault tolerant, distributed systems
- Experience with Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, or similar technologies
- Experience in modern GUI development such as HTML5
Nice To Have:
- Good understanding of financial concepts including Risk, P&L, Market Data, and financial products
- Hands-on experience developing Cloud applications.
- Experience working in start-ups or open source contributor.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients