October 2nd, 2017 | 3:34 PM EST
League is the digital alternative to traditional health insurance. Led by serial entrepreneur and Kobo founder Michael Serbinis, we are bringing much-needed innovation to the stagnant health care industry. League enables employers to give employees access to health and wellness spending accounts, flexible and cost-effective group insurance plans and workplace health services, all through our website and mobile apps. Our mission is to help people live healthier, happier lives every day.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead one of our full stack development teams. Our mobile, web, and backend developers work together in small cross-functional teams, collaborating closely with product managers, UX designers, and test engineers to quickly deliver new feature work. As a leader, you will be held accountable for the success of your team's work, including product delivery, as well as the performance and growth of individuals on your team.
- Collaborate with product and UX leads to plan features, clarify requirements, and influence our product roadmap
- Drive productive technical design sessions and discussions, ensuring the right people are involved, and that decisions are well documented
- Manage the growth and development of your team, e.g. regular 1:1s with team members, setting objectives, tracking career growth
- Champion engineering best practices across the entire engineering organization
- Take a leadership role in our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes
A bit about you:
- You have experience leading and growing engineering teams
- You understand how to build, test, and maintain complex web and/or mobile applications
- You have an appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in code
- You know how to focus on results, including communicating and solving problems as they arrive
- You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching others
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience in a startup environment
Does this sound like your kind of role? Submit an application and a member of the team will be in touch soon!