Job Title Director, Global Research Technology
November 15th, 2017 | 7:45 PM EST
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead our Global Research Technology group – this team creates and maintains the technology solutions that facilitate our Equity Research franchise which provides research coverage to approx 1,700 corporations. The technology solutions within this area are very diverse ranging from client facing websites, research content authoring and distribution systems, to big data analytics. It’s an exciting and fast paced area with significant opportunity to drive innovation through the use of progressive technology.
What will you do?
- Work closely with key stakeholders within Global Research to maintain, enhance and create innovative technology solutions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of approx 10 technologists, including developers, business analysts, project managers and quality assurance staff.
- Partner with our 24x7 operations team to ensure superior stability and resiliency.
- Aggressively seek out opportunity to optimize and drive efficiency.
- Educate team and stakeholders on emerging technology trends that offer the potential to create an innovative product offering.
What do you need to succeed?
- You have direct exposure and experience with as many of the following: (at least 2 out of 4)
- Full-stack Java web development
- Business Intelligence tooling (e.g. Qlik, Tableau)
- Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, noSQL, Apache Spark)
- Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, MS Cloud, Google Cloud)
- You excel at stakeholder management and are experienced in leveraging frameworks like Agile to ensure close connectivity to partners.
- You have hands-on experience leading teams of 5+ technologists, and are recognized as someone who is effective at developing staff who succeed.
- You have excellent communication and people skills, which you leverage to aid in delivery.
- You have a great attitude towards challenges and you love to learn new things, all the time.
Nice to have:
- You love technology, but understand ideal state may be just that; "ideal".
- You work pragmatically to deliver what's required, but demonstrate leadership and use your influence to effect longer term strategic changes.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, and you enjoy the challenge of figuring things out.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation